The National Association for Ambulatory Care has prepared the self-administered National Urgent Care Practice Standards Accreditaton & Certification. It identifies the basic Urgent Care management standards and provides general background information and rationale for managing Urgent Care clinic operations. It also identifies Urgent Care management techniques to implement these recommendations and minimize the Urgent Care liability exposure. This process is an excellent resource for ongoing risk management education for all Urgent Care centers.
Benefits - Becoming Certified through NAFAC will:
- Bring your clinic(s) into a national quality assurance model that is based on the best practice standards in the industry.
- Align your management programs, assuring the efficiencies of a streamlined process will be reflected in the bottom line results of your center.
- Walk you through a comprehensive Risk Management process that will be evidence for your malpractice carrier to give you the most cost effective rate for coverage that reflects the standards of excellence that you have used to evaluate and operate your practice.
- Give you a strong position with your contracting vendors.
- Provide a public message with your displayed certificate that you have met the highest standards in the industry.
...These are only a few of the advantages.
Please note: Physicians and administrators are cautioned that it is impossible to address every unique situation or question in this process. Please contact your attorney, or insurance carrier for assistance with specific issues.
THIS URGENT CARE CLINIC ACCREDITATION & CERTIFICATION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. SPECIFIC LEGAL ADVICE SHOULD BE OBTAINED FROM A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Service Standard
- Administration Standard
- Quality Care Standard
- Event Records Standard
- Laboratory Services Standard
- Radiology Services Standard
- Work Place Standard
- Public Relations Standard
- Communications Standard
- Event Record Management Standard
- Documentation Standard
- Medication Dispensing Standard
- Follow Up Systems Standard
- Non-Physician Practice Standard
- Patient Consent Standard
- Emergency Protocol Standard
- Work Environment Standard
- Claim Handling Standard
If you would like to have your center(s) Accreditated & Certified by NAFAC, please print the Urgent Care Center Practice Standards Application form* and mail according to the instructions on the form. Please contact our Certification Department if you have any questions:
President: William H. Wenmark - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the Urgent Care Center Practice Standards Application form. If you do not have it, download Adobe Acrobat for free.